By Kelly EnrightAs we all know, breakfast is the most important meal of the day. At the Hotel Condor, where we are staying in Munich, breakfast has become the most important part of my existence. Everyone has tried the boring continental breakfast at hotels in the States, so I was quite surprised when I walked downstairs last Wednesday morning.
Imagine: a small café with small tables covered by flowered tablecloths, set with quaint little dishes. In the middle of the room is a round table covered with different cheeses, meats, jams, jellies, and granola. A smaller table with varieties of breads and about eight kinds of fruit juices stands nearby. This is all constitutes a typical German breakfast.
Just when you think things can’t get any better, servers walk up and ask if you want coffee or tea. They then proceed to bring you your preferred drink, along with anything else you may need. This has occurred for the past five mornings, where I have made sure to wake up by 10 a.m., just so I can enjoy a wonderful German feast, all of which is included in my hotel cost.
Did I mention I have been incredibly hungry since my arrival in Germany? I’m not sure if my body has been completely knocked out of whack, or maybe the immense amount of walking has helped my metabolism. Every day, from before I wake up until after I fall asleep, I feel like I am starving. I have eaten at least double of what I eat in America. The difference, though, is that the choice of food here is much healthier, and the portions are even smaller. All in all, I am surviving on German food, although it is much different than what I am used to. But every day, I know that no matter what, the hotel staff will be right there with my tea, and everything will be alright!
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen