By Jenn GhelardiniDuring the week Munich is such a busy city, always full of citizens, and tourists. It is hard to manage in the dense crowds. I did not realize how hard it is to manuever through until I tried to go running around five o'clock at night. I could hardly walk through the crowds, let alone run. There are just people everywhere.
This is a stark contrast to what one sees on Sundays in Munich. On Sundays, the streets are empty, and hardly any stores are open. For example, I had to walk past three internet cafe stores before I found one that was open. The German people greatly value thier leisure time, and take advantage of anytime to take off work. I have noticed that there are many religious holidays in the month of May, and that everything closes down for the holidays and the even the Monday afterwards.
I love this aspect of German culture. They work hard, but stop when the clock strikes five o'clock. For the most part, they stop working and take time to enjoy thier lives.
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen