By Jenn GhelardiniAs Maddy and I were leaving a concert a couple nights ago, we were approached by a group of Germans who wanted to practice speaking English with us. They took us to another room that was part of the Back Stage venue where we saw the show. The room was a small club that played music popular to the German counterparts of our generation.
Right now the most popular German music is American punk music and reggae music. It's interesting because I recognized most all of the songs as songs that were popular in America when I was in middle and high school. Such bands that are of importance of the punk genre are: Good Charlotte, The Transplants, Blink 182, Sum 41 and The Offspring. I was less familiar with the reggae music, but I recognized many songs by Bob Marley and Sizzla.
Punk music and reggae are not what most Americans think of when they think of club music, but the Germans were all dancing and having a blast. It is so interesting how all of the Germans in the bar got up and danced around. Most everyone had his or her own unique style, and was not aware or judgmental of other peoples’ dancing styles. This is so neat, because everyone seemed to just having a good time, and not worrying about other peoples’ opinions.
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen