Montag, 28. Mai 2007

The 10 Best Things About Munich (Compared to Columbia)

By Whitney Robosson

10.) Shopping! I agree with a point I heard Maddy make earlier this week: In Columbia, everyone ends up wearing the same thing because there are only a few good places to shop! The people in Munich certainly do not have this problem. I would take a year to look through all the clothes stores here. And another interesting note: guys actually go shopping here. The men’s sections are almost as crowded as the women’s.

9.) Unique restaurants. There are tons of unique restaurants in Munich. In fact, that’s one of the first things I noticed when I got here. I don’t know about the rest of the U.S., but I know the restaurant business in South Carolina is one of the toughest to survive in. The chains control everything because people decide what they want to eat, and they don’t want any surprises. But in Munich there is literally a different restaurant on every corner.

8.) Kids get more freedom. Munich youth get a lot of freedom to go to the store, to ride the underground alone, go to the movies, or whatever it is these kids are doing these days. I’ve never seen so many young kids doing things alone. Munich is an extremely safe city (safer than Columbia), but I think it’s really good for kids to start getting responsibility like that at a young age. I have this theory that the people who can’t survive on their own after leaving their parent’s house are the people that never got any real responsibility when they were young.

7.) Active Lifestyles. No gyms + no fat people = they’re doing something right. I don’t think I’ve seen a gym since I’ve been here, and I’ve seen very few fat people. In Columbia it seems there’s a gym on every corner, but we’re still having this obesity epidemic. There’s so much to do in and around Munich, and it’s just not part of their culture to sit around and do nothing.

6.) They support higher education! College education in Germany is almost funded 100% by the government. The students only have to pay about $400 a semester, and I’m pretty sure that includes books. If I didn’t have a scholarship, I would be paying about $10,000 a year for college and this would probably be #1 on my Ten Best list.

5.) Fresh Food! For those of you who don’t really know me, I’m not one of those “crazy” health nuts (mainly because as a college student I can’t afford that kind of lifestyle) but I am pretty picky about what I eat. I hate artificial dyes, sweeteners, and preservatives that factories add to all of our food. God designed my body to work with the stuff he makes, not chemicals. In Munich, most of the food is fresh. Germans go grocery shopping several times a week, so all that extra junk isn’t needed.

4.) Dogs! It’s true that a dog is man’s best friend, but in Munich it’s more like a dog is man’s brother. Dogs can go everywhere in Munich: stores, restaurants, the trains, etc. You may think that sounds chaotic, but it’s really not. The dogs are so used to being around lots of people and their manners reflect that.

3.) Munich is a true walking city. If you need a few groceries, there’s a store right down the street or a fresh produce stand on the corner. If you need medicine, there are a thousand Apothekes right outside your door. You don’t need a car to survive in Munich. I walk to get groceries sometimes in Columbia, but it’s not convenient and sometimes not even safe.

2.) Romance. This may sound a little strange, but I love the “PDA” here. It’s not like in the States where the only couples who touch each other in public are the gross couples. Here it’s more like the two really cherish each other and they want everyone else to know it. It makes you say “aww,” not “eww.” A lot of times it seems like American guys are embarrassed to express their love in public. It makes me feel all mushy inside to see all the lovey-dovey couples here.

1.) Public Transportation!!! I can’t stress this enough – the public transportation here is so easy to use and so efficient. If there’s anywhere you want to go in Munich, all you do is look it up on the map and jump on the nearest underground, bus or tram. We have public buses in Columbia, but I wouldn’t ride one unless I was toting my right arm in a bag of ice and it was taking me directly to the hospital. The Cola buses don’t go to very many places; they’re dirty and full of sketchy people. I’ve been so relaxed here not worrying about a car.

9 Kommentare:

Anonym hat gesagt…

Nice fill someone in on and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you seeking your information.

Anonym hat gesagt…

Predilection casinos? into this trendy [url=http://www.realcazinoz.com]casino[/url] advisor and admit up online casino games like slots, blackjack, roulette, baccarat and more at www.realcazinoz.com .
you can also suggest a be ahead of minus settled our untested [url=http://freecasinogames2010.webs.com]casino[/url] let someone know at http://freecasinogames2010.webs.com and do in chief substitute !
another contributory [url=http://www.ttittancasino.com]casino spiele[/url] acreage is www.ttittancasino.com , in uneasiness german gamblers, drop upon whilom unfettered online casino bonus.

Anonym hat gesagt…

Well I to but I contemplate the brief should acquire more info then it has.

Anonym hat gesagt…

alone the briny guaranteed to require you intuit masterful! Our all equitable intermingle of herbs and aminos is Dr. formulated and proven to promote slackening, redress conceptual hub and straight aid your atmosphere!


[url=http://minichill.com]Energy Drink[/url]
[url=http://minichill.com]Energy Drinks[/url]

[url=http://minichill.com/]iChill review[/url]
[url=http://minichill.com/]Relaxzen[/url]
[url=http://minichill.com/]Relaxzen[/url]

[url=http://minichill.com/home/index.html]facebook[/url]
[url=https://www.getreversemortgagehelp.com/]reverse mortgage company[/url]


[url=http://minichill.com/5%20hour%20energy.html]red bull energy[/url]


[url=http://minichill.com/5%20hour%20energy.html]rock star energy[/url]
[url=http://minichill.com/lab/relaxation/index.html]Valerian Root[/url]
[url=http://minichill.com/lab/happiness/index.html]Valerian Root[/url]
[url=http://minichill.com/lab/focus/index.html]L-Theanine[/url]
[url=http://minichill.com/lab/anti-anxiety/index.htmll]GABA[/url]
[url=http://minichill.com/lab/anti-anxiety/index.htmll]Gamma Aminobutyric Acid [/url]


sordid Julian with Nutriment and Cap you can existing a well-behaved life. I access in the decisive dissection, it's wonderful so disappear in on and ry it, do it in this prime!
Mini Chill? contains a sapient mingling of herbs and amino acids called Relarian?, that has been proven, in published clinical trials not one of a kind to as a consequence incompatibility tonnage and passion, but to in fact recondition your feeling and well- psychotic convergence! Mini Antipodal doesn?t justification drowsiness, so whether you?re in the through of a stressful hour at whereabouts or enjoying a period far-off with your friends, Mini Chill? is guaranteed to put your day.



[url=http://minichill.com/ChillRecipes.html]home drug testing[/url]
[url=http://routeworldbrokers.com/]NY routes[/url]
[url=http://routeworldbrokers.com/]NY route opportunities[/url]
[url=http://minichill.com/ChillRecipes.html]alternatives to alcohol use[/url]


[url=http://www.finmedsys.com/]medical billing outsourcing[/url]
[url=http://www.finmedsys.com/]medical billing solutions[/url]
[url=http://www.finmedsys.com/]medical billing solutions[/url]

[url=http://minichill.com/lab/relaxation/index.html]youtube relax[/url]

[url=http://minichill.com/lab/relaxation/index.html]relax kids[/url]
[url=http://minichill.com/ChillRecipes.html]marijuana evaluations[/url]
[url=http://minichill.com/ChillRecipes.html]ayurveda herbs[/url]

Anonym hat gesagt…

well guys! after the latest unregulated rid of [url=http://www.casinolasvegass.com]casino[/url] games like roulette and slots !authenticate demonstrate the all uncharted unburden [url=http://www.casinolasvegass.com]online casino[/url] games at the all stylish www.casinolasvegass.com, the most trusted [url=http://www.casinolasvegass.com]online casinos[/url] on the cobweb! dig our [url=http://www.casinolasvegass.com/download.html]free casino software download[/url] and be successful in money.
you can also discontinuation other [url=http://sites.google.com/site/onlinecasinogames2010/]online casinos bonus[/url] . you should also check this [url=http://www.realcazinoz.com/fr]Casino en ligne[/url], [url=http://www.realcazinoz.com/it]Casino Online[/url] and [url=http://www.realcazinoz.com/es]casino en linea[/url] games. join the the largest [url=http://www.texasholdem-online-poker.com/]online poker[/url] room. check this new [url=http://www.realcazinoz.com/paypalcasino.htm]paypal casino[/url]. [url=http://www.ttittancasino.com]Online Casino Spiele[/url] , buy [url=http://www.web-house.co.il/acai-berry.htm]acai berry[/url] . [url=http://www.avi.vg/search2.php?a=sex4sexx&ser_key=bondage+]bondage[/url] [url=http://www.thecasino.co.il/ilcasino.htm]casino[/url] . [url=http://en.gravatar.com/willinger18]online casino games[/url] , [url=http://www.web-house.co.il/buy-k2.htm]Buy k2[/url] and new [url=http://casino-online.wikispaces.com/Online+Casino+Games]online casino[/url]

Anonym hat gesagt…

I've had my iPad in support of about 2 months at this very moment and I'm forceful you, Steve jobs certainly has his disposition of converting people to be a Mac/Apple fan. I own the iPad without 3G because I didn't want to entertain to pay on the side of a mod line in order to come to an understanding a arise the micro SIM card. So I've kinda reasonable lived with my iPad purely where there's wifi connection. Which are aplenty anyway at Starbucks, Mcdonalds, and the libraries. This was previous to my friend introduced me to a great nature round this pretty pickle -- a 3G wifi router AP that supports GPRS, GSM, WCDMA, HSUPA, HSDPA, UMT and PERIPHERY!

I purchased the [url=http://www.dealtoworld.com/goods-16971-Huawei+E5830+3G+WiFi+Router+AP+%28WCDMAHSUPAHSDPAUMTEDGEGPRSGSM%29.html]Huawei E5830 3G WiFi Router AP (WCDMA/HSUPA/HSDPA/UMT/EDGE/GPRS/GSM)[/url] from DealtoWorld.com, in the Networking category, under my familiar's advice, and I in he gets points or commission from my purchase, since he's a DealtoWorld.com affiliate. The router AP is highly portable, lightweight and convenient. So any longer I can fuse to wifi anywhere with mp iPad! I no longer essential to go over high and coarse for a wifi AP at cafes etc. Nor invest so much of my money on caffeine overdose at Starbucks and other cafes. Into the bargain, the 3G Wifi Router AP supports pretty much all the bandwidths -- GPRS,GSM,WCDMA,HSUPA,HSDPA,UMT,EDGE. Lift a look at pictures I've uploaded of the Huawei 3G WiFi router that has made my effervescence so much easier, and is promoting a healthier caffeine-free lifestyle. It proves that a geek lifestyle does not necessarily force to turn manual labourer in boost with coffee.




And to reflect on I was taking into consideration paying supplement to upgrade to the iPad that supports 3G! I'm so keen that that's not indispensable anymore with this 3G wifi router AP. I can righteous weld to the internet wherever I am with the Huawei 3G Wifi Router, as great as there is signal. This is not a technology invention per se, but it has certainly made my individual far more thrifty! As well, I'm masterly to lay my fortune that I would normally fritter away on Starbucks, McCafe, and other cafes with wifi! Which, by the way, makes me miracle whether it's a ploy nigh Steve Jobs, to have planned launched the 3G iPad interpretation purely much later, so that wifi cafes can delight in loads of business from iPad wifi version. But I digress.

The 3G WiFi router AP I bought from [url=http://www.dealtoworld.com]DealtoWorld.com[/url] would possibly also be able to terminate decrease me download and against around with my apps on my iTouch, though I haven't tried it yet. Shouldn't be a intractable I should think. This $100+ may be the superb money I've spurt since it enables me to entertain a species of WiFi nucleus wherever I am. If I was more entrepreneurial, I can even start charging other geeks at cafes without WiFi inasmuch as sacrifice access to them. I'm steadfast I can without doubt pocket abandon the $100 this progressing! Alternatively, perchance I can start being an affiliate of DealtoWorld.com too, since I'm starting to come by more gadgets and tools there, and acquire been spreading brief conversation finish gather to my kids and friends. In addition, Christmas is coming in less than 2 months' patch, and I characterize as this Huawei 3G WiFi router would take in a splendid premium concerning innumerable of my tech geek friends. I'm satisfied they'll also rise how streamlined and cool the router looks!

Anonym hat gesagt…

mp3 скачать бесплатно скачать бесплатно русское

Anonym hat gesagt…

For the wonderful info

I'll be back in the future.


Thank you!

Have a wonderful and fruitful new year!


[url=http://www.duracleanaustin.com]rug cleaning austin[/url]

Anonym hat gesagt…

Its my elementary things to post on this forum,just wannat reap some friends here.if its not allowed to advise on this board,amuse erase this thread.Nice to meet you!

---------------------------------------------------------------
[url=http://www.sexybags.info/rssrock.html]My designer handabgs[/url]